Saturday, April 2, 2011

Some more pics of 50th, Carcassonne and Albi

John Barker is in for the biggest dead leg known to man when I return from this holiday with Georgina.  His failure to warn me of the multiple clothing changes at the slightest hint of a change in temperature has caused consternation and disbelief on my part.  I counted 5 changes in 80 metres of walking this morning let alone the rest of the tour and I haven't even mentioned the amount of toilet stops required.  Here are some more pics including Carcassonne, Albi and Toulouse.  The castle qnd medieval town in Carcassonne was amazing.  I did the tour of the Inquisition Torture Museum and am returning with some new ideas for getting the truth at work.  Very interesting and the size of the place is mind boggling.  Albi was similar but in a more religious style.  Unfortuntely the main reason for our visit here (Toulouse Lautrec museum) was closed on Tuesdays.  We made the most of the Cathederal and surrounding township.  Today is a catch up day with mail etc qnd a long walk around the town.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucas, a big Per Ner Ner Num to you, I told you discreetly & directly & you in true Aussie spirit said , "she'll be right" I can handle it. If I remember correctly you said & I quote "it can't be that bad". Can't it !!!!!!!

    With all this in mind I have nominated you for the AA's ( Aussie's Abroad awards) You are in the TBSUD category. (Travel with Big Sister Under Duress) or in your case under many dress's. I do believe you might the only nominee in this catergory.
    Look on the bright side, you are travelling with your very own human Barometer, you will never have to watch another weather forecast again.!!!
    Enough of picking on Georgina, you are having a great time by the sounds of things. I'm very glad you got to the WW1 cemetries & found Uncle Jim. Are they not the most sobering of places to visit.
    I'll give you another travel tip for free Lucas
    "Stop up setting the locals"
    Keep on enjoying your trip & we all look forward to your next blog.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. between John and Lucas Mum has just about wet herself...thanks you boys !! M-M

    ReplyDelete