Saturday, April 2, 2011

more Bordeaux

This morning after breakfast, Lucas went to visit the nearest thing to Water Police they have here and I went shopping!  Needed to get at least one more cool top, seeing as it's 26.5 degrees today and looks to continue.  Bought a COUPLE of things . .
We met up for lunch then went on a Wine Tour to St Emilion.  As there were more people booked than would fit in the 8 seater Renault Mini, we had to go with Juliette, in her VW Touran.  We were doing 140 kph on the 110 kph highway and I had to look out the side (Lucas said it didn't bother him).  It was a lovely afternoon 1.30 to 6.30 pm, with nice red wine tastings at 2 Chateaux and a walk around St Emilion Village.  Tina & John, there was more talk about St Jacques de Compostelle and this village being part of the Pilgrimage too.  We got back to town, unloaded our stuff from the back of the car and it wasn't until we got up to our room that I realised that I had left my jacket in Juliette's car!  Tried to phone and left messages and an email, but if she doesn't have time to bring it before we leave tomorrow morning to fly to Barcelona, I told her to give it to a needy person.
Lucas now . . . . delicious wines at the tastings and beautiful country side with an ancient village and a FFFhuge underground cathedral.  Took some footage for M & D cos I know what everyone else thinks of 'home movies.'  Went walkabout this morning and found the closest thing to a water police in the area.  This maritime unit cover marine pollution, search and rescue as well as monitor large ships and enforce laws on a nationl scale.  There is nothing like what I do in Bordeaux for the river.  The closest thing is in a few small towns on the coast.  I was told the coast and river entrance is quite beautiful but saw a photo of it at low tide and it is worse than Moreton Bay near Nudgee with real estate reaching 2 million Euros for the view?????
I had a good yarn with the 'chief' for about an hour but his phone was going OFF so I left a water police souvenir with him and left.  He was embarrassed that he had nothing to give in return due their extreme budget cuts.
Now a small message for John Barker........deadlegs to you big fella.  You failed to warn me of the multiple clothing changes Georgina does.  I copped 5 within 80 metres of the entrance to our hotel recently and this is the norm.  She mentioned the black sexy jacket getting lost. One less item to hold, carry, assist, pack, unpack, put on, take off along the way.  Getting warmer now so she wont need it anyway.  I was in jeans and a T shirt today which is heaps better than 'layers.'  Have totally enjoyed my 2 weeks in France and have experienced many sights, the culture and cullinary delights.  Till next time.  Love to all  L & G

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lucas...I was reading this early Sun morning & trying not to laugh too loud as John was still asleep!!! I had tears in my eyes reading both your comments about G. Poor old G will be a solo traveller from now on after your comments. We DID warn you!!! But typical little brother, you didn't listen to your elders. She did that about as many times walking down one of those little lanes in Melbourne! Anyway, glad to hear you're having s good time...it's such fun travelling, isn't it? Georgina, glad you're having a good time too...& I'm sure Lucas is giving you heaps about the clothing changes...just give him that look down your nose!! Travel safe & love to you both

    ReplyDelete