Sunday, April 10, 2011

Madrid & Cordoba

Hi Folks.

My train trip from Barcelona was like a flight - allocated seating, warm cloths for hands & face, 4 course meal, newspapers and drinks - all ay 300 kph!

When I got to Madrid in the late afternoon, I ventured out and did the historic On Off Bus Tour for 1.5 hrs, then looked for a place to eat.  Restaurant don´t open for dinner till 8.00 pm or 9.00 pm so it was tapas again.  Filled me up and went back to my nice hotel room and fought with the really hard bed all night.  Breakfast was 5 minutes then out the door to walk to the bus terminus, to start my tour - Fascinating Andalucia.  I am the only one who speaks English, besides the Tour Guide ANA.  We left Madrid at 8.15 am and travelled south west, stopping at Cacares for a while then a couple of "comfort" stops and arrived in Madrid at 6.30 pm - lovely hotel Alfaros.  All having dinner here tonight, then bus tour here before heading to Seville for 2 nights.  Flamenco Show too.
See ya & be good.
G xx

4 comments:

  1. woohoo! you are on the way.... fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Seville...I loved it. You'll see so much too on the tour...looking forward to those photos too. love M-M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting.....only english speaking one....you could pick up another language.?? Are there lone travellers with you? what nationalities are they? Still very warm here, but need that extra flannette sheet at night. S and H will be down for John's b'day,( he was sayng he had been with Koala 24 years)....how the time flies. It will be good to see them. Great having my computer at last. After that vertigo and claustrophia, this trip will be a breeze. Enjoy all these last days Much love Mum and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Onya Georgina. Hard bed hey..heard you mention that a few times before. Yoyrs must be like sleeping on a cloud. You wouldn't believe that my bed in Palermo was like a concrete slab. Even crappy for me and 2 nights of it.

    ReplyDelete