Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cala Salada - no it´s not a meal.

Gidday all

Went to San Antoni Portdumonnay on the other side of the island today.  Full of pommy tourists so got a cab to a beach called Calla (beach) Salada about 5kms away.  Check the photos.  What a beautiful spot.  Not crowded but a bit of rock climbing where I went arse up, twisted my knee and lost a bit of bark off my ankle and thumb.  Very chilly water cured that I must say.  Took it easy reading up on Italy for a few hours.  Mumbled something to the woman at the restaurant and finally someone who understood MUMBLE.  I got the coke I wanted and she ordered me a cab.  Bring on Italy I say.  Out later tonight to see if this place wakes up at any stage then an early flight to Palermo.  Stay safe cos I am.  Love to all,  Lucas.
Georgina with a brave smile whilst crapping herself on the Funicular Ride.  Was very proud of her facing her phobias.

This is at the bottom of the cliff below the olt town, for and cathedral above Ibiza.  Bloody shame people can´t use a rubbish bin.

This is the closest I´ve come to seeing a water police boat since leaving the GC.  And it´s tired.


Couple of photos of Calla Salada.  Absolutely beautiful but BLOODY freezing cold water.  You could chill down a beer in 5 minutes...not that I did or anything!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. just great to hear you are going well there. sorry to hear you had a 'fall'!! makes you sound old!!!

    enjoy the night ans safe travels to bella Sicilia..
    xD
    (from Paunchard's joint in Sottens, Switzerland)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas, I thought you were more nimble-footed. After 20 odd days I now have a computer, last one blew up the tower AND screen, may as well do a good job ! Loving hearing all travels and enjoying all pics. When I looked up Ibizia I thought you might be the 'oldie' there, seems you are "the tourist" Told dad I think this trip has whet your trip to Greece. ??? Much love, missing my kids Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...nice snap of brave G! and the salad beach too...I guess the cold water stopped any blood flow to the wounds. Next stop Italy....! love M-M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear what you guys think of Palermo, it was probably one of my all time fave spots that we stopped at.

    ReplyDelete