Friday, April 15, 2011

Pompei and Sorrento.

Hello all. As you said Emmaline, Pompie was amazing and I was there for 5 hours.  Got there to pay and just like the amphitheatre in Taormina, it too was FREE today.  I was blown away by the size of the place and it took me a while to notice the bloody great volcano hovering off in the distance.  Got an audio thingamebob which gave excellent narration and covered everything I was interested in and more.  The train system between Sorrento and Naples is privately owned therefore makes the Logan Inala line look like first class.  I've got over qan hour of the old bone rattler tomorrow.  Like I said yesterday, lucky the train track nearly comes through my window so I don't have far to walk to the station.  returned to Sorrento after Pompei and was greatly pleased to find a beautiful city away from the grotty train station that greeted me yesterday.  I've finally found a computer that downloads photos so some attached.  There are great cafes and restaurants as well as amazingly narrow streets to wander throgugh and suck p the atmosphere.  Check the snaps.  Talk from Rome.  Love to all.  Lucas.
PS: haven't pissed anyone today yet.

6 comments:

  1. Lucas, Lucas!! You are having so much fun...& all by yourself, too!!! We have been enjoying your blogs & having lots of laughs with you along the way. Pompeii sounds fantastic...we'll get there one day. Keep enjoying...but be careful in Naples. Off to see Mum & Dad today. Travel safe...much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way....where are the photos????

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those bad accomodation stories and experiences with the locals only makes you remember your trip that bit more. looking back they won't seem so bad and before you know it you'll be wanting to head back there.
    Enjoy your time in one of my favourite Italian cities...Roma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At last you are enjoying all a bit more,. It's great some can remember and bring back nice memories for them. Tina wakes John with her laughter on your blogs....we all enjoy the way you express yourself, just a if you are talking. from now on you will have to keep your eyes open, as there is so much history and art to absorb. Keep smiling much love big hug Mum and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No snaps arrived. slacko M & D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the ancient history in Italy!I am just absolutely fascinated by Rome Italy tours. I cannot WAIT to go there one day!

    Best guided tours in Rome

    ReplyDelete